Remove Tobacco and Smoke Odor
Remove Tobacco and Smoke Odor
Whether in the home, vehicle, workplace or home of friends and family, everyone knows an odor they would like to have eliminated that is caused by tobacco products. Tobacco odor removal is a job that Nok-Out is strong enough to handle with ease. Nok-Out is a clear, odorless liquid, and is a safe and amazing odor destroyer for use in any area where odors occur. It is water based, mild enough to wash your hands in, is non-allergenic and non-staining. NOK-OUT quickly destroys odors caused by organic decay, tobacco smoke, fires, sweat, mold, bacteria, and fungi. Nok-Out leaves carpet, upholstery, cars, SUV’s, shoes, gym lockers, the air you breathe – you name it, smelling fresh! When everything else has failed, you can remove tobacco and smoke odor with Nok-Out!
Nok-Out is an Oxidizer
Any genuine deodorizer must come into direct contact with the source of the odor. Otherwise, it is only an air freshener. When Nok-Out comes into direct contact with the source of the odor, it oxidizes that smelly stuff, changing it into something that no longer has an odor. It can only do this, when it is in direct contact with that smelly stuff. With smoke odors, that sticky tarry stuff is likely to be on everything – curtains, carpets, walls, floors, blinds and so on. A professional treating this issue would bring a power sprayer called a ‘fogger’ that produces large quantities of vapor. The pro would spray liberally. Once the atmosphere becomes saturated, that vapor begins to condense on all surfaces, coating every single square inch of every surface in that room. This is a great way to apply! A cheaper, DIY alternative to the fogger is either a room humidifier or a common household vaporizer. They will do the same job as a fogger, but is much slower. (A vaporizer is much easier however, because you can usually set it to run overnight – when you wake up the next morning, it is done!)
1. To eliminate odor in a smoker’s room, add 16 ounces of Nok-Out to a gallon of water in a one-gallon vaporizer, and operate it in the room as needed (up to four hours at a time). This method works well in any area that has air borne odor problems. Nok-Out should be sprayed in the corners, cracks, baseboards, door-facings, before the humidifier is run, if the odors are persistent and old.
2. Spray the filter in your HVAC unit until it is damp. Or, just replace the filter.
3. Spray draperies, upholstered furniture with a fine mist of NOK-OUT (be sure you have tested a small corner of fabric before spraying the entire surface). The Fogmaster Jr. is a good applicator for this problem because it provides a very fine mist. You may also use a pump-up garden sprayer, or an airless paint sprayer that is clean. Use the fine spray setting. Nok-Out will evaporate at the same rate as water. Leave it to air dry.
4. Because Nok-Out is an all purpose cleaner, it has a bit of “soapiness” to it and may be used on all surfaces – floors, walls countertops. Spray, and walk away!
Closets and Clothing
5. In closets where smoking odors have collected on clothing, the clothing should be aired out, and the interior of closet sprayed with Nok-Out. Pay particular attention to corners, baseboards, and crevices of the closet where odor salts collect. Note: Always test clothing before spraying directly with full strength Nok-Out. If you have a lot of clothing, then you can wash the clothes in Nok-Out. See our “How-To” for doing laundry with Nok-Out.
Fire and Smoke Damage
This is a situation where you really need to spray everywhere, because the smoke went everywhere, and got on everything. The Fogmaster Jr is an excellent power sprayer, but there are many “foggers” out there that will work as well. An airless paint sprayer would do a good job here as well.
Whichever sprayer you use, the idea is the same – spray everywhere. The smoke went everywhere – Nok-Out also needs to go everywhere as well. Nok-Out has plenty of power to remove tobacco and smoke odor, and is not hard to apply. But it does need direct contact with ALL the smoke odor to do its job.
If you have any questions regarding how to apply Nok-Out, or SNiPER® check out our How To Articles or, call Ted Price toll free at 866.551.1927.
Rotten Potato Smell Gone!
There cannot be anything worse than potatoes that are forgotten and rot. Any pet I have ever had that had an accident cannot compare. Nok-Out eliminated the odor quickly. What a wonderful product!
My Mildew Stain Disappeared!
I brought in the plants for winter and when it was time to move them back outside in the spring, I had a mildew stain on the carpet. I received my Nok-Out Carpet cleaner and sprayed the stain and let it sit for 10 minutes. When I returned to scrub the stain it was completely gone!! Woo hoo!! Thank you, Mary Hunt, for introducing me to this wonderful product!
Nok-Out Removed Old Dog Urine Odor
I have an Electrolux rug shampooer and was trying to remove old odors of dog urine in my oriental carpets. I shampooed them then put a concentration of 4-1 water to Nok-Out in the tank and went back over them. No more odor!! Worked great! Was sooo happy!
I Am Amazed at The Results!
I learned about Nok-Out from Mary Hunt’s Everyday Cheapskate column and had to try it. Shipping was so fast and your customer service is OUTSTANDING! I am amazed at the results! I even filled a tiny spray bottle to keep in my car. I won’t be wasting my money on any other cleaners anymore. You have a lifetime customer here. Thank you so much!
Cats Get Old!
Cats get old. Things happen. Nok-Out was recommended to me by a friend in another state. I Will never go to the pet store again to try any other product. Nok-Out is IT! I told my Veterinarian about it. I love how fast it arrives after ordering. I ordered three times because we are still working on issues, but at least the house doesn’t SMELL! Amazing product. THANK YOU!
“Nok-Out Saved My New Car!”
Thank you for creating such a great product. I would and will recommend this to everyone I know. My son left raw meat in my car for 4 days and I thought that my new car was ruined, but after talking with you and using the product, I can now get in my car and the only thing that I smell is a clean, disinfected smell! Thank you for saving my new car!
Removed All The Feral Cat Urine
Sniper has been AMAZING. I was able to completely remove all the feral cat urine scent from the carpets, mattresses, clothing, and toys. It worked beautifully and left no smell, no fumes, and didn’t leave any discoloration. Sniper is now my cleaner of choice and I use it everywhere to clean and sanitize as well as freshen the air. I even use it in my daughter’s gym shoes and soccer bag. Thank you so much. Seriously the best product on the market.
Sniper Removed Old Water Odors, Mold & Mildew
I have been using Sniper in the Offshore oil industry as both a disinfectant and a deodorizer for years. It has eliminated old water smells of toilets and bathrooms not used in a year where the water sat and molded mildewed and stank. As well as being injected into our old quarters ac vents to prevent mold buildup. Always worked better than anything comparable and well worth the price.
Sniper Eliminated Our Mold Problems!
We’ve used SNiPER disinfectant for several years. It works great. It has eliminated our mold problems and, still, we use it to keep our wooden cutting boards safe.