Remove Odor From a Leather Sofa
Cleaning a Leather Sofa With Nok-Out Odor Eliminator
That lovely leather sofa is sure nice! But like anything else in your home, it needs cleaning now and then. Whether it is tobacco smoke odor, spilled milk, pet odors or just spring cleaning, Nok-Out can help you remove odor from a leather sofa.
First Things First
As a natural product that has been dyed, the first thing to do is establish whether the dyes coloring the leather are colorfast. This is easy to do. Take a soft absorbent white cloth and wrap a bit of it around your index fingertip. Spray that fingertip until it is wet and then, in an inconspicuous place, rub vigorously for 20 seconds. Examine the cloth for color transfer. If there is no color transfer to the white cloth, you are ready to start.
Remember that Nok-Out is an oxidizer that does its work when it comes into direct contact with the stinky stuff. If you miss a spot, that place will still have an odor. Also, all cleaning products need a bit of time to do their work. You can spray, wipe, spray again and walk away, leaving it to air dry naturally.
Follow These Procedures
The following procedures have tobacco smoke odor in mind, but the procedures will be fine for treating any odor:
- Wipe the sofa clean of any visible soil.
- Begin by spraying the couch completely, heavily, and all over.
- Are pillows present? Remove them, if possible, and treat them separately following these directions. Pay particular attention to any seams, decorative buttons, or piping that may be present. (This is where odor molecules are likely to penetrate first.)
- Let Nok-Out remain on the sofa for at least 5 minutes before wiping off.
- Follow these directions all over the couch, including the bottom and sides, completely.
- If an overhead fan is present, or if it’s a sunny day, move the couch outside in the fresh air.
- In 15 to 30 minutes, sniff the sofa. If odors remain, repeat the process above.
- Plan on at least 4 applications. Each time you spray, wait and wipe, another layer of tobacco odor is released and removed.
- Sit on the couch and sniff around. Every time you complete spraying and it is dry, do the sit and sniff test again.
- Spray the air in the garage until you no longer smell any wisps of smoke odor. Move your couch back into the garage, and let it set overnight.
- Sit on the couch. Do you smell any odors? Does the garage smell OK? Do this for two days. If you smell anything at all, take the sofa outside and give it one more work over. If you can target the source of the odor, pay particular attention to this site.
- Try the garage test again.
- Now (and you think-At Last!), move the sofa to the site where it will live. Spray the air in the room to banish any odors present in this room. Let the Nok-Out application mist through the air until it is gone.
- The smoke odor will have been removed.
- Thereafter, a light misting on seams, buttons, surfaces will take care of any odors that have drifted to the surface. Spray the air with Nok-Out.
For more decontamination, plan to do all further treatments where the couch lives in your house. Treat only as needed, and remember to spray lightly now. If some odors remain, they are topical and can be removed topically. Don’t use any other products, as there may be an adverse chemical reaction formed.
If you have any questions regarding how to apply Nok-Out, or SNiPER® check out our How To Articles or, call Ted Price toll free at 866.551.1927.
My Mildew Stain Disappeared!
I brought in the plants for winter and when it was time to move them back outside in the spring, I had a mildew stain on the carpet. I received my Nok-Out Carpet cleaner and sprayed the stain and let it sit for 10 minutes. When I returned to scrub the stain it was completely gone!! Woo hoo!! Thank you, Mary Hunt, for introducing me to this wonderful product!
“Nok-Out Saved My New Car!”
Thank you for creating such a great product. I would and will recommend this to everyone I know. My son left raw meat in my car for 4 days and I thought that my new car was ruined, but after talking with you and using the product, I can now get in my car and the only thing that I smell is a clean, disinfected smell! Thank you for saving my new car!
Cats Get Old!
Cats get old. Things happen. Nok-Out was recommended to me by a friend in another state. I Will never go to the pet store again to try any other product. Nok-Out is IT! I told my Veterinarian about it. I love how fast it arrives after ordering. I ordered three times because we are still working on issues, but at least the house doesn’t SMELL! Amazing product. THANK YOU!
Sniper Eliminated Our Mold Problems!
We’ve used SNiPER disinfectant for several years. It works great. It has eliminated our mold problems and, still, we use it to keep our wooden cutting boards safe.
Best Odor Control for carpet
Nok-Out and SNiPER are both great products that I use in my carpet cleaning biz to remove odor in carpets. It works great against pet urine odor! It doesn’t cause discoloration and always works. Sniper kills mold and removes the odor in carpets as well. Great products
Rotten Potato Smell Gone!
There cannot be anything worse than potatoes that are forgotten and rot. Any pet I have ever had that had an accident cannot compare. Nok-Out eliminated the odor quickly. What a wonderful product!
I Am Amazed at The Results!
I learned about Nok-Out from Mary Hunt’s Everyday Cheapskate column and had to try it. Shipping was so fast and your customer service is OUTSTANDING! I am amazed at the results! I even filled a tiny spray bottle to keep in my car. I won’t be wasting my money on any other cleaners anymore. You have a lifetime customer here. Thank you so much!
Removed All The Feral Cat Urine
Sniper has been AMAZING. I was able to completely remove all the feral cat urine scent from the carpets, mattresses, clothing, and toys. It worked beautifully and left no smell, no fumes, and didn’t leave any discoloration. Sniper is now my cleaner of choice and I use it everywhere to clean and sanitize as well as freshen the air. I even use it in my daughter’s gym shoes and soccer bag. Thank you so much. Seriously the best product on the market.
Nok-Out Removed Old Dog Urine Odor
I have an Electrolux rug shampooer and was trying to remove old odors of dog urine in my oriental carpets. I shampooed them then put a concentration of 4-1 water to Nok-Out in the tank and went back over them. No more odor!! Worked great! Was sooo happy!
Sniper Removed Old Water Odors, Mold & Mildew
I have been using Sniper in the Offshore oil industry as both a disinfectant and a deodorizer for years. It has eliminated old water smells of toilets and bathrooms not used in a year where the water sat and molded mildewed and stank. As well as being injected into our old quarters ac vents to prevent mold buildup. Always worked better than anything comparable and well worth the price.