Get Rid of Fireplace Odor with Nok-Out
There is something about a roaring fire in the fireplace that is just an awesomely comforting winter thing. Who among us has not passed time being mesmerized by the flames? Ahhhhh! Sometimes however, that fireplace can get a little smelly and if it is summertime, the allure of those flames can be overpowered by the stench of last winters smoke odor. Nok-Out will remove fireplace odor on contact. If your fireplace has gotten a little stinky, here’s how to get rid of fireplace odor with Nok-Out.
Cleaning Tips and Suggestions
First, be aware that Nok-Out does its work when it comes into direct contact with the odor source. Keep this in mind as you are doing this cleanup. The second thing to note is that smoke residue – whether tobacco or wood smoke – is sticky stuff that clings tenaciously to what it touches. The final thing to keep in mind is that all cleaners need time to do their work. A best practice is to spray and allow the surface to stay wet with Nok-Out for a few minutes so that it has time for the work do get done.
Here’s What to Do
- Put down a cheap plastic drop cloth and have a trashcan with bags handy. You will also need a pair of rubber/latex gloves and fireplace whisk broom, a wire brush, old newspapers.
- Begin removing old ash, broken bits of partly burned wood, and anything else there in the fire chamber. Carefully put that stuff in a trash bag. Use the whisk broom tool and a pan to sweep the area clean. Sweep the walls a bit if it removes anything stuck to the walls.
- Remove the andirons if possible and use the wire brush tool to clean away excess soot. Be careful at this step so that the soot does not wind up on your floor. Spray the andirons with Nok-Out, give them a good wipe and then spray again with Nokout – allow them to air dry.
- Line the bottom of the fireplace with newspapers. Place Nok-Out in a bucket, and using the wire brush, dip into Nok-Out and begin to scrub the walls. Gather up wet newspapers and scrub the flooring of the fireplace. Wipe residue with paper towels or cloth rags. Spray Nok-Out on the grout, corners, any cracks or chinks of the walls, and flooring of the fireplace. Pay special consideration to the outside of the fireplace, and the mantel as well. Wipe/spray carefully around and in the area of the damper, Open and spray inside, if possible.>
- If doors are present, treat / spray/wipe with Nok-Out.
- With clean rags soaked in Nok-Out, wipe down the walls around the fireplace, the molding, the threshold, bricks, or anywhere smoke odors may reside.
- Because smoke odors are constantly drifting down from the chimney, after 5-6 hours, if there are doors present on the fireplace, close them to keep odors from re-entering through the chimney flue.
- Repeat this procedure during cool months whenever the fireplace is cleaned out.
- Weekly, when the fireplace is not in use, spray the exterior and interior of the fireplace lightly with Nok-Out, paying attention to interior corners and grout.
- Repeat any step that needs repeating.
And That Should Do It!
Although cleaning the fireplace is potentially a messy job with no small amount of scrubbing, if you follow these steps you can get rid of fireplace odor in your home with Nok-Out.
If you have any questions regarding how to apply Nok-Out, or SNiPER® check out our How To Articles or, call Ted Price toll free at 866.551.1927.
Rotten Potato Smell Gone!
There cannot be anything worse than potatoes that are forgotten and rot. Any pet I have ever had that had an accident cannot compare. Nok-Out eliminated the odor quickly. What a wonderful product!
I Am Amazed at The Results!
I learned about Nok-Out from Mary Hunt’s Everyday Cheapskate column and had to try it. Shipping was so fast and your customer service is OUTSTANDING! I am amazed at the results! I even filled a tiny spray bottle to keep in my car. I won’t be wasting my money on any other cleaners anymore. You have a lifetime customer here. Thank you so much!
Sniper Eliminated Our Mold Problems!
We’ve used SNiPER disinfectant for several years. It works great. It has eliminated our mold problems and, still, we use it to keep our wooden cutting boards safe.
Removed All The Feral Cat Urine
Sniper has been AMAZING. I was able to completely remove all the feral cat urine scent from the carpets, mattresses, clothing, and toys. It worked beautifully and left no smell, no fumes, and didn’t leave any discoloration. Sniper is now my cleaner of choice and I use it everywhere to clean and sanitize as well as freshen the air. I even use it in my daughter’s gym shoes and soccer bag. Thank you so much. Seriously the best product on the market.
My Mildew Stain Disappeared!
I brought in the plants for winter and when it was time to move them back outside in the spring, I had a mildew stain on the carpet. I received my Nok-Out Carpet cleaner and sprayed the stain and let it sit for 10 minutes. When I returned to scrub the stain it was completely gone!! Woo hoo!! Thank you, Mary Hunt, for introducing me to this wonderful product!
Cats Get Old!
Cats get old. Things happen. Nok-Out was recommended to me by a friend in another state. I Will never go to the pet store again to try any other product. Nok-Out is IT! I told my Veterinarian about it. I love how fast it arrives after ordering. I ordered three times because we are still working on issues, but at least the house doesn’t SMELL! Amazing product. THANK YOU!
Nok-Out Removed Old Dog Urine Odor
I have an Electrolux rug shampooer and was trying to remove old odors of dog urine in my oriental carpets. I shampooed them then put a concentration of 4-1 water to Nok-Out in the tank and went back over them. No more odor!! Worked great! Was sooo happy!
Sniper Removed Old Water Odors, Mold & Mildew
I have been using Sniper in the Offshore oil industry as both a disinfectant and a deodorizer for years. It has eliminated old water smells of toilets and bathrooms not used in a year where the water sat and molded mildewed and stank. As well as being injected into our old quarters ac vents to prevent mold buildup. Always worked better than anything comparable and well worth the price.
Best Odor Control for carpet
Nok-Out and SNiPER are both great products that I use in my carpet cleaning biz to remove odor in carpets. It works great against pet urine odor! It doesn’t cause discoloration and always works. Sniper kills mold and removes the odor in carpets as well. Great products
“Nok-Out Saved My New Car!”
Thank you for creating such a great product. I would and will recommend this to everyone I know. My son left raw meat in my car for 4 days and I thought that my new car was ruined, but after talking with you and using the product, I can now get in my car and the only thing that I smell is a clean, disinfected smell! Thank you for saving my new car!