Eliminate Shoe Odor with Nok-Out
Tired of Stinky Shoes?
Shoe Odor can be embarrassing, irritating and really troublesome to get rid of. There is nothing worse than getting on a plane and the person in the seat next to you takes off their shoes for the flight, and Oh, My! How can he sleep through that stench? If stinky shoes are an issue for you, Nok-Out is the answer to this problem. Nok-Out is a genuine deodorizer that works to actually eliminate shoe odor. It is not merely an “absorber” that is supposed to suck up the odor but doesn’t, it actually eliminates shoe odor right at the source.
Nok-Out to the Rescue!
If you have a pair of shoes that you have been taking to the gym daily for the past 6 months, then every day, your sweat seeps into the seams, under the layers of inserts and into every part of those shoes. Your sweat has lots of salts and other “nutrients” that microbes eat. After the microbes get a hold of that food source, they multiply and poop, multiply and poop, and their excreta starts to smell. It’s no wonder those shoes stink. Regular spraying with Nok-Out – or SNiPER – can eliminate shoe odor from your life and you closet too! Here’s how:
Procedures to Eliminate Shoe Odor
1. If washable, spray the entire shoe with Nok-Out, inside and out. Remove the insole if possible, and spray heavily. Add 8 ounces or more of Nok-Out to water for sweaty clothing, stinky shoes, or other smelly laundry. Wash as usual.
2. For further treatment of shoes, take out the inner sole, spray inside shoes, paying particular attention to seams inside and outside, shoe lace openings, laces etc. covering every inch of the shoe. An alternative is to reduce Nok-Out by 50% with water, and soak canvas shoes in this solution for up to 10 minutes. For either method, dry quickly after application.
3. Leather, or other non-washable shoes: remove all laces (if present) and spray Nok-Out, full strength on the shoe, inside and out. Spray the outside sole of the shoe. Remove inside sole, and spray all over. Allow to air dry naturally and as thoroughly as possible. Repeat as needed. Nok-Out is an oxidizer, and must reach every odor source. Sometimes, the first application is more difficult to completely remove these odors. Don’t be disappointed. Nok-Out REALLY works. Be persistent.
4. Spray your feet with Nok-Out! Don’t forget the toenails, and between toes! Allow to dry for a few minutes, then wipe dry thoroughly. Nok-Out is not harmful to skin. Non-toxic Nok-Out is a safe and harmless product for use on human or animal skin.
The Gym Bag I Keep My Shoes In Stinks Too
No Problem! Spray the bag too, inside and out. As long as Nok-Out comes into direct contact with the source of the odor, it will do its job for you. Spray, walk away, allowing it to air dry naturally.
When spraying fabrics, it is always prudent to test a corner of the material for color fastness. Nok-Out is non-staining, but since some dyes are less well set than others, it is always a good idea to check before spraying the entire cloth. To test this, wrap a small piece of white rag or cloth around your index fingertip. Rub that wet fingertip vigorously in the area you want to test for 10 to 15 seconds, then chek the white cloth to see if any color transferred from the fabric to the white test cloth. If no color transfers, you are good to go!
I Usually Wash my Shoes in the Washing Machine.
Can Nok-Out Help in the Laundry?
Absolutely. First, wash the shoes and other stinky stuff using your normal detergent. When finished, leave the shoes in the machine, add 4oz to 8oz of Nok-Out in place of the detergent and wash on a short cycle using cold water.
Be Proactive – Prevention is Easier and Better
If shoe odor is a persistent issue for you, then there are some things you can do to prevent the build-up of stink.
1) If your work causes you to sweat a lot, get a second pair of shoes and alternate every day. When you take your shoes off, spray the inside thoroughly and set them aside to rest for a day, Tomorrow, wear the other pair. When you alternate like this, the daily spryaing of Nokout or Sniper will remove the odor daily and allow a time for thorough drying in between days you wear those shoes. The initial expense of the second pair of shoes will be offset by the longer wear you’ll get and you’ll be able to notice a big differnce in the stinkiness of those shoes. For older shoes, you may not be able to completely eliminate shoe odor, but you can certainly reduce that odor!
2) Even if you don’t alternate the wearing of shoes, you can take a proactive stance and ‘dose’ your shoes regularly with Nok-Out. You can give your shoes a quick spritz every day and keep those odors at bay. If you make this as part of your routine, an “I gotta throw away these shoes because of the stench” problem will never develop. With Nok-Out, you can eliminate shoe odor, and prevent it from becoming a problem.
If you have any questions regarding how to apply Nok-Out, or SNiPER® check out our How To Articles or, call Ted Price toll free at 866.551.1927.
Christmas tree and Raggedy Ann
We have an artificial Christmas tree that’s still gorgeous but old. Putting it up always bothers my asthma and irritation from getting scratched is not pleasant. Last year I sprayed the tree and the “old tree” smell disappeared. I had purchased Sniper on Mary Hunts advice and it really took care of the basement (moldy) smell! Great! My daughters vintage dolls with cloth bodies had spots of mold or mildew, these are dolls my grandchildren play with. Oh my goodness! Sprayed the doll’s bodies and yarn hair, and the next day they all smelled great, moldy spots gone ! These dolls were over 30 years old and now look soooo good! Would recommend Sniper for other uses, too. Doggy rug smells gone! Smelly shoe odors gone. Grateful to Mary Hunts column for letting us know. 😊👍⭐️
Sniper Eliminated Our Mold Problems!
We’ve used SNiPER disinfectant for several years. It works great. It has eliminated our mold problems and, still, we use it to keep our wooden cutting boards safe.
My Mildew Stain Disappeared!
I brought in the plants for winter and when it was time to move them back outside in the spring, I had a mildew stain on the carpet. I received my Nok-Out Carpet cleaner and sprayed the stain and let it sit for 10 minutes. When I returned to scrub the stain it was completely gone!! Woo hoo!! Thank you, Mary Hunt, for introducing me to this wonderful product!
I Am Amazed at The Results!
I learned about Nok-Out from Mary Hunt’s Everyday Cheapskate column and had to try it. Shipping was so fast and your customer service is OUTSTANDING! I am amazed at the results! I even filled a tiny spray bottle to keep in my car. I won’t be wasting my money on any other cleaners anymore. You have a lifetime customer here. Thank you so much!
Completely Eliminate a Horrible Smell
Mary Hunt introduced me to Nok-Out years ago and I am still amazed at how it can completely eliminate a horrible smell.
Yesterday I hosed some dust off a plastic laundry basket. I left it outside to dry for a bit and then returned it to the garage.
A few hours later I walked into the garage and the entire place reeked of cat pee! I did not realize that the neighborhood tom cat had come by and sprayed my basket. It was so bad that I was ready to trash it, but I thought I would try to spray it down with Sniper first. I doused it liberally and left it overnight. Ta Da! Absolutely no smell this morning!
Even after all these years, I am still amazed every time your product works on a smell as terrible as cat spray!
Thank you, Ted!
Rotten Potato Smell Gone!
There cannot be anything worse than potatoes that are forgotten and rot. Any pet I have ever had that had an accident cannot compare. Nok-Out eliminated the odor quickly. What a wonderful product!
Nok-Out Removed Old Dog Urine Odor
I have an Electrolux rug shampooer and was trying to remove old odors of dog urine in my oriental carpets. I shampooed them then put a concentration of 4-1 water to Nok-Out in the tank and went back over them. No more odor!! Worked great! Was sooo happy!
Removed All The Feral Cat Urine
Sniper has been AMAZING. I was able to completely remove all the feral cat urine scent from the carpets, mattresses, clothing, and toys. It worked beautifully and left no smell, no fumes, and didn’t leave any discoloration. Sniper is now my cleaner of choice and I use it everywhere to clean and sanitize as well as freshen the air. I even use it in my daughter’s gym shoes and soccer bag. Thank you so much. Seriously the best product on the market.
Cats Get Old!
Cats get old. Things happen. Nok-Out was recommended to me by a friend in another state. I Will never go to the pet store again to try any other product. Nok-Out is IT! I told my Veterinarian about it. I love how fast it arrives after ordering. I ordered three times because we are still working on issues, but at least the house doesn’t SMELL! Amazing product. THANK YOU!
“Nok-Out Saved My New Car!”
Thank you for creating such a great product. I would and will recommend this to everyone I know. My son left raw meat in my car for 4 days and I thought that my new car was ruined, but after talking with you and using the product, I can now get in my car and the only thing that I smell is a clean, disinfected smell! Thank you for saving my new car!
Best Odor Control for carpet
Nok-Out and SNiPER are both great products that I use in my carpet cleaning biz to remove odor in carpets. It works great against pet urine odor! It doesn’t cause discoloration and always works. Sniper kills mold and removes the odor in carpets as well. Great products
Sniper Removed Old Water Odors, Mold & Mildew
I have been using Sniper in the Offshore oil industry as both a disinfectant and a deodorizer for years. It has eliminated old water smells of toilets and bathrooms not used in a year where the water sat and molded mildewed and stank. As well as being injected into our old quarters ac vents to prevent mold buildup. Always worked better than anything comparable and well worth the price.