Clean Your Smelly Body Armor with SNiPER®
Body Armor Stinking? Odors from Your Helmet or Boots Got You Down?
It can become a real problem. You work out in the hot sun all day long, and sooner or later, you realize you have a bad case of smelly body armor, and it smells, it stinks, you stink. You wash it and all too soon, it smells horrible again. But you can’t use bleach to clean it because that will void the warranty, and maybe degrade the performance of the vest so that it no longer protects you. What to do? Here’s how to clean your smelly body armor safely.
SNiPER® Hospital Disinfectant and Odor Eliminator is the answer. This powerful new cleanser has been tested extensively by the folks at Safariland and they have approved SNiPER as a product that is authorized by Safariland to clean smelly body armor and other products without voiding the warranty.
SNiPER® is an all purpose, multi-surface cleaner that is an EPA registered Disinfectant and biocide as well as a highly effective odor eliminator. SNiPER® has the highest efficacy, is non harmful to humans and the environment and is easy to use. It does not produce harmful byproducts, residues or VOC’s.
Ballistic Body Armor Deodorizing and Cleaning Protocol
1. Remove body armor panels from outer carrier to be cleaned.
2. Use spray bottle to spray a deep even coat of SNiPER® to all contaminated and surrounding surfaces of the ballistic body armor panel. Note: It is not necessary to cause puddling of the product. Remember: SNiPER® must come in contact with the source of the odor to be able to do its work.
3. Allow SNiPER® to dwell for up 1-3 minutes to allow the surfactant to loosen any grime or dirt that is present.
4. Remove the loosened grime and dirt by using a lightly dampened clean sponge or cloth to wipe down the entire ballistic panel, with care given to wipe all surfaces very thoroughly to remove all substances or gross filth that may be stuck on surfaces.
5. Evaluate the odor and gross filth mitigation, if any persistent odor remains, repeat the cleaning process. SNiPER® will eliminate the odor once it is able to get through the built up layers of contamination. Repeat the cleaning cycle if needed.
6. Remove all substances or gross films that may be stuck on surfaces
7. Wipe the armor panels with a clean, dry absorbent cloth(s).
8. For lasting deodorization after cleaning, use a spray bottle to spray a light even coat of SNiPER® to the body armor panel. Note: It is not necessary to saturate the armor panels.
9. Ensure armor panels are completely dry and reinsert into outer carrier.
Note: Spray a thoroughly even coat of SNiPER® on Body Armor and carrier regularly or after each use to keep vest free of odors.
Additional Precautionary Instructions
- Do not dry clean armor panels
- Do not commercially launder armor panels
- Do not expose armor panels to bleach (liquid or vapor)
- Do not expose armor panels to prolonged direct sunlight
- Do not submerge armor panels in any liquid
Boots and Gloves Cleaning Instructions
1. If possible, remove any liners from outer shell of gear to be cleaned.
2. Arrange gear so that as much surface as possible will be exposed for cleaning. Remember: SNiPER® must touch the source of the odor or microbe to eliminate it.
3. Use a spray bottle to spray an even coat of SNiPER® on all contaminated and surrounding surfaces of the gear including all sides, any liner assembly and padding.
Note: It is not necessary to over saturate or cause puddling of product
4. Allow SNiPER® to dwell for 1 – 3 minutes to allow the surfactant to loosen any grime or dirt that is present.
5. Hand wash the surfaces of the gear including liner assembly with a lightly dampened clean sponge or clean cloth. Use care to wipe all surfaces very thoroughly to remove all substances or gross filth that may be stuck on the surfaces.
6. Evaluate the odor and gross filth mitigation and repeat the cleaning cycle of needed.
7. For lasting deodorization after cleaning, use a spray bottle to spray a light even coat of SNiPER® on all surfaces of the gear.
8. Allow to dry.
9. If your boots have seen daily use for years and the odor has been allowed to accumulate, you will need to spray very heavily the first time, because your sweat has penetrated deeply into the seams and stitching. You will have to spray enough down in there, that SNiPER® can penetrate just as deeply into the leather and stitching, too. And, you will likely have to re-apply. But every time you apply, SNiPER® will get a little bit more of that stench, and in the end, you will be successful in removing that odor. When you get new boots, the apply SNIPER® regularly and you can prevent the accumulation of odor right from the beginning.
If you have any questions regarding how to apply Nok-Out, or SNiPER® check out our How To Articles or, call Ted Price toll free at 866.551.1927.
Nok-Out Removed Old Dog Urine Odor
I have an Electrolux rug shampooer and was trying to remove old odors of dog urine in my oriental carpets. I shampooed them then put a concentration of 4-1 water to Nok-Out in the tank and went back over them. No more odor!! Worked great! Was sooo happy!
I Am Amazed at The Results!
I learned about Nok-Out from Mary Hunt’s Everyday Cheapskate column and had to try it. Shipping was so fast and your customer service is OUTSTANDING! I am amazed at the results! I even filled a tiny spray bottle to keep in my car. I won’t be wasting my money on any other cleaners anymore. You have a lifetime customer here. Thank you so much!
Rotten Potato Smell Gone!
There cannot be anything worse than potatoes that are forgotten and rot. Any pet I have ever had that had an accident cannot compare. Nok-Out eliminated the odor quickly. What a wonderful product!
Removed All The Feral Cat Urine
Sniper has been AMAZING. I was able to completely remove all the feral cat urine scent from the carpets, mattresses, clothing, and toys. It worked beautifully and left no smell, no fumes, and didn’t leave any discoloration. Sniper is now my cleaner of choice and I use it everywhere to clean and sanitize as well as freshen the air. I even use it in my daughter’s gym shoes and soccer bag. Thank you so much. Seriously the best product on the market.
“Nok-Out Saved My New Car!”
Thank you for creating such a great product. I would and will recommend this to everyone I know. My son left raw meat in my car for 4 days and I thought that my new car was ruined, but after talking with you and using the product, I can now get in my car and the only thing that I smell is a clean, disinfected smell! Thank you for saving my new car!
Best Odor Control for carpet
Nok-Out and SNiPER are both great products that I use in my carpet cleaning biz to remove odor in carpets. It works great against pet urine odor! It doesn’t cause discoloration and always works. Sniper kills mold and removes the odor in carpets as well. Great products
Cats Get Old!
Cats get old. Things happen. Nok-Out was recommended to me by a friend in another state. I Will never go to the pet store again to try any other product. Nok-Out is IT! I told my Veterinarian about it. I love how fast it arrives after ordering. I ordered three times because we are still working on issues, but at least the house doesn’t SMELL! Amazing product. THANK YOU!
Sniper Removed Old Water Odors, Mold & Mildew
I have been using Sniper in the Offshore oil industry as both a disinfectant and a deodorizer for years. It has eliminated old water smells of toilets and bathrooms not used in a year where the water sat and molded mildewed and stank. As well as being injected into our old quarters ac vents to prevent mold buildup. Always worked better than anything comparable and well worth the price.
My Mildew Stain Disappeared!
I brought in the plants for winter and when it was time to move them back outside in the spring, I had a mildew stain on the carpet. I received my Nok-Out Carpet cleaner and sprayed the stain and let it sit for 10 minutes. When I returned to scrub the stain it was completely gone!! Woo hoo!! Thank you, Mary Hunt, for introducing me to this wonderful product!
Sniper Eliminated Our Mold Problems!
We’ve used SNiPER disinfectant for several years. It works great. It has eliminated our mold problems and, still, we use it to keep our wooden cutting boards safe.